While the flame provided by burning the liquid bio-ethanol fuel for fireplaces is decorative and beautiful, it also is efficient in providing heat. Due to the ventless nature of the fireplaces themselves, no heat is lost up the flue or vent. Depending upon the size of the fireplace and opening of the fuel tray, it can produce anywhere from 1,500 to 70,000 BTUs / hour of heating energy. Just to give you an idea, 5000 BTU's is enough to warm up a 450 sq. ft. room.
Will an ethanol fireplace give off heat?
- Why would a tabletop Ethanol fireplace not ignite or light up even if the canister is full of fuel?
Previous Article in Topic
- How do I control the heat and/or flame in my ethanol fireplace?
- Can I put a Flat Screen TV above an ethanol fireplace?
- Do the flames or heat cause any discoloration of the stainless steel of my ethanol fireplace?
- How do I light the fuel in my ethanol fireplace?
- How do I turn my electric fireplace on or off?
- How many BTUs will I need?